The Gevrey-Chambertin Lavaux St. Jacques 1999 is starting to show some matured notes. In the bouquet red and dark berry fruit … raspberries with hints of sweeter red fruits, sous-bois, spiced with hints of gun powder and oak. On the palate quite muscular with a core of raspberry fruit, it’s still quite tight but starting to show some complexity. The finish is long with a quite strong impression of earthy minerality and oak. Perhaps a bit to extracted … and it certainly needs time to unfold … but will most likely never be a real charmer.
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Dennis Mortet, Gevery-Chambertin 2012 March 28, 2016
- Dennis Mortet, Gevrey-Chambertin Lavaux St. Jacques 1999 March 2, 2014
- Dennis Mortet, Gevery-Chambertin Les Champeaux 1996 February 27, 2014
- Dennis Mortet, Chambolle Musigny Aux Beaux Bruns 2011 February 9, 2014
- Dennis Mortet, Gevrey Chambertin VV 2007 August 28, 2011
- Dennis Mortet Gevrey Chambertin 2009 July 22, 2011
- Dennis Mortet Gevrey Chambertin 1996 June 27, 2011
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Denis Mortet, ChambertinThe king, the queen and the Chambertin knights .. or in more local terms .. Rousseau, Leroy, Dugat-Py, Ponsot and Denis Mortet … certainly some of the rare birds on the Burgundian vineyard maps. The Domaine Denis Mortet plot in Chambertin I have sometimes been somewhat reluctant regarding the rather extracted wines made in Gevrey-Chambertin in the ...
- WineHog rating system – more than pointsMy aim with the Winehog is unchanged, but I have for some time wanted a stronger focus on the hedonistic pleasure and simple enjoyment of drinking Burgundies. I have therefore adjusted my mission statement: “My mission is to help readers find more joy and hedonistic pleasure in Burgundy wines; to help them understand the terroirs and ...