The Gevrey-Chambertin Les Champeaux 1996 from Dennis Mortet is still very undeveloped and tightly knit. The bouquet is bursting with gun powder and raspberries … with only a few signs of age. On the palate tight and edgy with a powerful midpalate of extracted fruit. Not showing much development and is in the current stage quite monolithic and is lacking charm and complexity. Not a bad wine … but will it ever mature and show the delicate complexity we are looking for in a Burgundy at this level? Just not my style of Burgundy.
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Dennis Mortet, Gevery-Chambertin 2012 March 28, 2016
- Dennis Mortet, Gevrey-Chambertin Lavaux St. Jacques 1999 March 2, 2014
- Dennis Mortet, Gevery-Chambertin Les Champeaux 1996 February 27, 2014
- Dennis Mortet, Chambolle Musigny Aux Beaux Bruns 2011 February 9, 2014
- Dennis Mortet, Gevrey Chambertin VV 2007 August 28, 2011
- Dennis Mortet Gevrey Chambertin 2009 July 22, 2011
- Dennis Mortet Gevrey Chambertin 1996 June 27, 2011
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Denis Mortet, Chambertin The king, the queen and the Chambertin knights .. or in more local terms .. Rousseau, Leroy, Dugat-Py, Ponsot and Denis Mortet … certainly some of the rare birds on the Burgundian vineyard maps. The Domaine Denis Mortet plot in Chambertin I have sometimes been somewhat reluctant regarding the rather extracted wines made in Gevrey-Chambertin in the ...
- WineHog rating system – more than points My aim with the Winehog is unchanged, but I have for some time wanted a stronger focus on the hedonistic pleasure and simple enjoyment of drinking Burgundies. I have therefore adjusted my mission statement: “My mission is to help readers find more joy and hedonistic pleasure in Burgundy wines; to help them understand the terroirs and ...