The 2007 VV from Dennis Mortet is showing very well. Wonderful ripe red notes on the nose, and a very juicy and vibrant fruit on the palate. Very good minerality and length for a village wine, really a pleasure. Taste good now, but will keep for at least 10 years – a very good effort from Mortet. Look out for Dennis Mortet – seems like the quality is improving year after year.
(from 2016) Very Good – 88p
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Dennis Mortet, Gevery-Chambertin 2012 March 28, 2016
- Dennis Mortet, Gevrey-Chambertin Lavaux St. Jacques 1999 March 2, 2014
- Dennis Mortet, Gevery-Chambertin Les Champeaux 1996 February 27, 2014
- Dennis Mortet, Chambolle Musigny Aux Beaux Bruns 2011 February 9, 2014
- Dennis Mortet, Gevrey Chambertin VV 2007 August 28, 2011
- Dennis Mortet Gevrey Chambertin 2009 July 22, 2011
- Dennis Mortet Gevrey Chambertin 1996 June 27, 2011
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Denis Mortet, ChambertinThe king, the queen and the Chambertin knights .. or in more local terms .. Rousseau, Leroy, Dugat-Py, Ponsot and Denis Mortet … certainly some of the rare birds on the Burgundian vineyard maps. The Domaine Denis Mortet plot in Chambertin I have sometimes been somewhat reluctant regarding the rather extracted wines made in Gevrey-Chambertin in the ...
- WineHog rating system – more than pointsMy aim with the Winehog is unchanged, but I have for some time wanted a stronger focus on the hedonistic pleasure and simple enjoyment of drinking Burgundies. I have therefore adjusted my mission statement: “My mission is to help readers find more joy and hedonistic pleasure in Burgundy wines; to help them understand the terroirs and ...