The Meursault Poruzots 2008 from Mikulski is a focused and bone dry effort with all the extrovert charm of the 2008 vintage. In the nose citrus infused yellow fruits .. notes of apple, pear, grape … spiced with a tremendous mineral note from the lovely terroir. On the palate very focused with a fine midpalate weight and a long mineralic finish. Love this terroir with it’s crunchy minerality, love the extrovert drama of the vintage and the purity of Mikulskis vinification. Not a wine for fans of big creamy chadonneys .. but a lovely treat for admireres of classic white Burgundies – Enjoy!
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Mikulski, Meursault Charmes “cuvee 1913” 2010 June 25, 2016
- Domaine Mikulski, Meursault Genevrieres 1996 March 1, 2016
- Domaine Francois Mikulski, Meursault Poruzots 2008 November 29, 2013
- Francois Mikulski, Meursault Charmes 2008 April 27, 2012
- Francois Mikulski, Meursault Poruzots 2010 April 26, 2012
- Francois Mikulski, Meursault 2010 April 22, 2012
- WineHog rating system – more than points My aim with the Winehog is unchanged, but I have for some time wanted a stronger focus on the hedonistic pleasure and simple enjoyment of drinking Burgundies. I have therefore adjusted my mission statement: “My mission is to help readers find more joy and hedonistic pleasure in Burgundy wines; to help them understand the terroirs and ...