Next up – a harmonious and vibrant Pommard 2016 from Domaine Glantenay in Volnay. A lovely village offering deep and juicy fruit – rather classic offering a lovely display of red and dark fruits. A wine in fine balance currently .. showing very well – but will keep 10 years. A very enjoyable glass.
(Drink from 2025) – Very Good (88 – 89) – Tasted 23/08/2018
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Glantenay, Bourgogne Pinot Noir 2017 December 20, 2018
- Domaine Glantenay, Pommard Les Rugiens Hauts 2016 August 27, 2018
- Domaine Glantenay, Pommard 2016 August 25, 2018
- Domaine Glantenay, Chambolle Musigny 2016 August 24, 2018
- Visit to Domaine Georges Glantenay – tasting the 2018s Domaine Georges Glantenay is the second of two well-known Glantenay estates in Volnay, the other being Bernard and Thierry Glantenay, whom I visited in July 2019. Domaine Georges Glantenay is located quite high in the village, but also has a more visible shop in the very centre of Volnay just below the church. Domaine Georges Glantenay is ...
- WineHog rating system – more than points My aim with the Winehog is unchanged, but I have for some time wanted a stronger focus on the hedonistic pleasure and simple enjoyment of drinking Burgundies. I have therefore adjusted my mission statement: “My mission is to help readers find more joy and hedonistic pleasure in Burgundy wines; to help them understand the terroirs and ...