The Vosne Romanee Les Croix Rameau 1999 from Cacheux is not a memorable bottle. In the nose a quite austere fruit expression with some quite strong hints of oak. On the palate loads of tannins and quite lean fruit – not very pleasent. No flaws detected – but hopefully other examples are better. In my view it seem to be over oaked and yields too high. Frankly awful … sadly.
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Jacques Cacheux, Echezeaux 1999 February 9, 2019
- Domaine Jacques Cacheux, Vosne La Croix Rameau 1999 November 1, 2018
- Domaine Jacques Cacheux, Vosne La Croix Rameau 1999 August 30, 2013
- Jacques Cacheux, Vosne Romanee 2006 September 2, 2012
- Jacques Cacheux, Le Croix Rameau 2004 September 10, 2011
- WineHog rating system – more than points My aim with the Winehog is unchanged, but I have for some time wanted a stronger focus on the hedonistic pleasure and simple enjoyment of drinking Burgundies. I have therefore adjusted my mission statement: “My mission is to help readers find more joy and hedonistic pleasure in Burgundy wines; to help them understand the terroirs and ...