The Vosne Romanee 2006 from Jacques Cacheux is a rather strange wine. In the bouquet some rustic oxidative notes with hints of tar and stems. The nose also shows elements of ripe juicy pinot fruit – with elements of strawberries and raspberries. On the palate same rather split personality, quite strong tannins – but also a really lovely juicy pinot fruit. Bottom line … the oxidative notes is a problem … despite the lovely fruity elements. Not recommended.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Jacques Cacheux, Echezeaux 1999 February 9, 2019
- Domaine Jacques Cacheux, Vosne La Croix Rameau 1999 November 1, 2018
- Domaine Jacques Cacheux, Vosne La Croix Rameau 1999 August 30, 2013
- Jacques Cacheux, Vosne Romanee 2006 September 2, 2012
- Jacques Cacheux, Le Croix Rameau 2004 September 10, 2011
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...