The Vosne Romanee 2006 from Jacques Cacheux is a rather strange wine. In the bouquet some rustic oxidative notes with hints of tar and stems. The nose also shows elements of ripe juicy pinot fruit – with elements of strawberries and raspberries. On the palate same rather split personality, quite strong tannins – but also a really lovely juicy pinot fruit. Bottom line … the oxidative notes is a problem … despite the lovely fruity elements. Not recommended.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Jacques Cacheux, Echezeaux 1999 February 9, 2019
- Domaine Jacques Cacheux, Vosne La Croix Rameau 1999 November 1, 2018
- Domaine Jacques Cacheux, Vosne La Croix Rameau 1999 August 30, 2013
- Jacques Cacheux, Vosne Romanee 2006 September 2, 2012
- Jacques Cacheux, Le Croix Rameau 2004 September 10, 2011
- WineHog rating system – more than points My aim with the Winehog is unchanged, but I have for some time wanted a stronger focus on the hedonistic pleasure and simple enjoyment of drinking Burgundies. I have therefore adjusted my mission statement: “My mission is to help readers find more joy and hedonistic pleasure in Burgundy wines; to help them understand the terroirs and ...