The Vosne Romanee Les Croix Rameau 1999 from Cacheux was a very pleasent surprise – a delightful wine just beginning to unfold – after quite many years of sleep. The nose is offering red and dark fruit – dark cherries, hints of sous-bois – vivid and fresh. On the palate nicely structured, lovely fruit and develops well in the glass. Some years still to unfold fully – yet lovely now in a slightly rustic way.
(Drink from Now) – Fine (91 – 92p) – Tasted 17/10/2018.
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Jacques Cacheux, Echezeaux 1999 February 9, 2019
- Domaine Jacques Cacheux, Vosne La Croix Rameau 1999 November 1, 2018
- Domaine Jacques Cacheux, Vosne La Croix Rameau 1999 August 30, 2013
- Jacques Cacheux, Vosne Romanee 2006 September 2, 2012
- Jacques Cacheux, Le Croix Rameau 2004 September 10, 2011
- Visit to Domaine Jacques Cacheux – tasting the 2018sI have known the Cacheux wines for many years, and have tasted vintages back to the 1990s, including quite recently a surprisingly delightful Vosne-Romanée Croix Rameau 1999 that really intrigued me. I also tasted the Cacheux wines at the Grand Jours de Bourgogne in 2018, and was hoping to return and taste at this year’s event ...
- WineHog rating system – more than pointsMy aim with the Winehog is unchanged, but I have for some time wanted a stronger focus on the hedonistic pleasure and simple enjoyment of drinking Burgundies. I have therefore adjusted my mission statement: “My mission is to help readers find more joy and hedonistic pleasure in Burgundy wines; to help them understand the terroirs and ...