Santenay is quite overlooked and often offers both good value and a lot of Burgundian pleasure. This is also the case with the Santenay Clos du Genet 2013 from Jessiaume. In the nose red and blue fruits .. notes of cherries, cherry stones and blueberries. On the palate very juicy and vibrant with a nice playful and energetic minerality. Finely balanced and forward offering a lovely play between red and darker fruit – enjoyable and very drinkable.
Good+ (86 – 87p)
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Jessiaume, Santeney Clos du Genet 2013 November 6, 2015
- Domaine Jessiaume, Pommard Les Combottes 2013 November 5, 2015
- Maison Jessiaume, Corton Renardes 2012 August 29, 2015
- Maison Jessiaume, Chambertin 2008 August 29, 2015
- WineHog rating system – more than points My aim with the Winehog is unchanged, but I have for some time wanted a stronger focus on the hedonistic pleasure and simple enjoyment of drinking Burgundies. I have therefore adjusted my mission statement: “My mission is to help readers find more joy and hedonistic pleasure in Burgundy wines; to help them understand the terroirs and ...