My first wine from Maison Jessiaume – Le Chambertin 2008. According to the website of the Domaine/Maison its made from a 0.16 ha plot of this mighty terroir. Sadly Jessiaume does not do the origin of the wine justice, as the wine in the glass barely resembles a grand cru Gevrey in any shape or form. To be fair .. it’s not unpleasent, but it lacks the weight and power of a grand cru, and especially of a Chambertin one of the very best climats in Burgundy. The nose is tight with red fruit … pure but not very expressive. On the palate fresh acidity … light to medium bodied, quite pure and relatively short. In short disappointing …
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Jessiaume, Santeney Clos du Genet 2013 November 6, 2015
- Domaine Jessiaume, Pommard Les Combottes 2013 November 5, 2015
- Maison Jessiaume, Corton Renardes 2012 August 29, 2015
- Maison Jessiaume, Chambertin 2008 August 29, 2015
- WineHog rating system – more than points My aim with the Winehog is unchanged, but I have for some time wanted a stronger focus on the hedonistic pleasure and simple enjoyment of drinking Burgundies. I have therefore adjusted my mission statement: “My mission is to help readers find more joy and hedonistic pleasure in Burgundy wines; to help them understand the terroirs and ...