My second wine from Maison Jessiaume – Corton Renardes 2012. Much better than the Chambertin 2008 but still not a top end effort. The nose offer a weighty red and dark berry fruit … some depth with a nice earthy minerality. On the palate quite weighty midpalate fruit, it’s pure but is lacking some definition and detail. A quite nice effort with the richness of the 2012 vintage helping the wine along. So bottom line drinkable .. but have had may better village wines in the 2012 vintage … and quality does certainly not reflect the price.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Jessiaume, Santeney Clos du Genet 2013 November 6, 2015
- Domaine Jessiaume, Pommard Les Combottes 2013 November 5, 2015
- Maison Jessiaume, Corton Renardes 2012 August 29, 2015
- Maison Jessiaume, Chambertin 2008 August 29, 2015
- WineHog rating system – more than points My aim with the Winehog is unchanged, but I have for some time wanted a stronger focus on the hedonistic pleasure and simple enjoyment of drinking Burgundies. I have therefore adjusted my mission statement: “My mission is to help readers find more joy and hedonistic pleasure in Burgundy wines; to help them understand the terroirs and ...