The 02 Hautes Maizieres from Prieure Roch is a gorgeous effort. In the bouquet red and dark berry fruit .. airy sous-bois, discrete vosne spices with hints of violets and rose petals. On the palate quite intense fruit … lush but still slightly unresolved with a focusing core of darker fruit. Less developed than the last bottle I tasted … need 3 to 5 years to reach a sufficient level of maturity. After one hour the red sweeter fruit becomes more dominant … and the complexity increases … the 02s from Henri Roch are magnificent.
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Prieure-Roch, Chambertin Clos de Bezé 2008 September 30, 2016
- Domaine Prieure-Roch, Les Hautes Maiziéres 2005 November 2, 2015
- Domaine Prieure-Roch, Chambertin Clos de Beze 2000 October 24, 2015
- Domaine Prieure-Roch, Nuits-Saint-Georges 1er cru V.V. 2006 November 27, 2014
- Domaine Prieure-Roch, Clos de Vougeot 2010 October 18, 2014
- Domaine Prieure-Roch, Nuits-Saint-Georges 1er cru 2010 March 25, 2014
- Domaine Prieure-Roch, Clos de Vougeot 2010 March 22, 2014
- Domaine Prieure-Roch, Nuits-Saint-Georges Les Argillieres 2009 December 15, 2013
- Domaine Prieure-Roch, Vosne Les Hautes Maizieres 2002 November 23, 2013
- Domaine Prieure-Roch, Nuits-St-Georges Clos des Corvees 1999 November 22, 2013
- Domaine Prieure-Roch, Vosne Les Hautes Maizieres 1996 August 31, 2013
- Domaine Prieure Roch, Chambertin Clos de Béze 2008 May 18, 2013
- Domaine Prieure-Roch, Vosne Les Hautes Maizieres 2002 April 3, 2013
- Domaine Prieure Roch, Nuits-St-Georges Clos de Corvees 2000 December 25, 2012
- Domaine Prieure Roch, Vosne Romanee Clos Goillotte 2006 November 5, 2012
- Domaine Prieure-Roch, Vosne-Romanee Clos Goilotte 2001 October 14, 2012
- Domaine Prieure Roch, Vosne Romanee Hautes Maizieres 2009 June 11, 2012
- Domaine Prieure Roch, Nuits-Saint-Georges Les Argillieres 2009 June 10, 2012
- Domaine Prieure Roch, Nuits 1er cru V.V. 2009 June 9, 2012
- Domaine Prieure Roch, Nuits Saint Georges “1” 2009 June 8, 2012
- Prieure Roch, Nuits Saint Georges Clos de Corvees 2000 March 26, 2012
- Prieure Roch, Vosne Romanee Clos Goillotte 2000 March 13, 2012
- Brandis Tasting – the delightful 2017 vintage November 30, 2019Domaine Brandis, with Tom Brandis at the wheel, is one of Denmark’s main Burgundy importers. In early November, Tom held his large Wine Festival with a very fine lineup of delightful producers – French, German, Italian; you name it, they were there. A very, very rare bird I had a short splash and dash at this tasting, as I ...
- Terroir Insight: Prieure Roch, Nuits-Saint-Georges Clos des Argilliéres May 18, 2018One of my favourite vineyards in Nuits-Saint-Georges is Les Argilliéres or Clos des Argilliéres – a 1er cru located in the center of Premeaux at the southern end of the Nuits-Saint-Georges appellation. It’s not the most well known of the the Premeaux 1er crus – and perhaps not producing the biggest or for that matter not ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Prieuré-Roch Chambertin Clos de Bèze October 7, 2017Chambertin Clos de Bèze is a large vineyard with some prominent yet somehow a bit under the radar wines from otherwise known producers. One such is Domaine Prieure-Roch in Premeaux – owned by one Henri Frédéric Roch. To avid Burgundy collectors this name has a certain ring to it – and since it’s printed on the ...