The 2008 vintage is providing a lot of pleasure, but they are slowly closing down. The Cossard Beaune 1er cru is however still quite open in the bouquet, with red fruits and a quite fine minerality. On the palate slightly closed with a core of red fruits around the strong structure of fresh acidity. Not a big terroir driven wine, but a pleasure to drink and enjoy. Will close down and need to mature for 5 to 7 years before it’s showing the full potential. Really like Cossards wines when he gets it right, sadly that’s not always the case.
(Drink from 2018) Fine – 89p
Tasted 12/12/2011 at Restaurant Retour
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Frederic Cossard, Beaune Les Bressandes Blanc 2014 January 10, 2016
- Frederic Cossard, Puligny Montrachet 2010 February 16, 2013
- Frederic Cossard, Puligny Montrachet 2010 November 29, 2012
- Frederic Cossard, Morey Saint Denis Les Mont Luisants 2010 February 20, 2012
- Frederic Cossard, Beaune 1er cru 2008 December 30, 2011
- Frederic Cossard Vosne Romanee Les Champs Perdrix 2009 July 22, 2011
- Frederic Cossard Saint Romain 2008 July 22, 2011
- WineHog rating system – more than pointsMy aim with the Winehog is unchanged, but I have for some time wanted a stronger focus on the hedonistic pleasure and simple enjoyment of drinking Burgundies. I have therefore adjusted my mission statement: “My mission is to help readers find more joy and hedonistic pleasure in Burgundy wines; to help them understand the terroirs and ...