The Puligny Montrachet village 2010 from Frederic Cossard is a very good wine and is now starting to settle down. In the nose white and yellow orchard fruits with a hint of citrus and acacia. On the palate a quite rich aromatic profile with rather dense fruit – balanced by a quite powerful acidity and a good but not impressive minerality. A quite lovely and drinkable white Burgundy – would however prefer a little less Cossard and a bit more Puligny terroir in the expression – nevertheless – a very good effort.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Frederic Cossard, Beaune Les Bressandes Blanc 2014 January 10, 2016
- Frederic Cossard, Puligny Montrachet 2010 February 16, 2013
- Frederic Cossard, Puligny Montrachet 2010 November 29, 2012
- Frederic Cossard, Morey Saint Denis Les Mont Luisants 2010 February 20, 2012
- Frederic Cossard, Beaune 1er cru 2008 December 30, 2011
- Frederic Cossard Vosne Romanee Les Champs Perdrix 2009 July 22, 2011
- Frederic Cossard Saint Romain 2008 July 22, 2011
- WineHog rating system – more than pointsMy aim with the Winehog is unchanged, but I have for some time wanted a stronger focus on the hedonistic pleasure and simple enjoyment of drinking Burgundies. I have therefore adjusted my mission statement: “My mission is to help readers find more joy and hedonistic pleasure in Burgundy wines; to help them understand the terroirs and ...