The Morey Les Mont Luisants from Cossard is a beautiful wine. The nose is very young with a slight reduction. Otherwise very clean and crisp, wonderful minerality, very focused red fruits – cherries, raspberries and a note of gooseberries. On the palate very precise and focused red fruits – crisp with a wonderful acidity and freshness. The wine is very pure and transparent on the palate, displaying the terroir and delicate fruit aromas – this what I love about the 2010s. Not a big wine, but my goodness the 2010 wines are wonderful.
(Drink from 2018) Very Good – 90p
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Frederic Cossard, Beaune Les Bressandes Blanc 2014 January 10, 2016
- Frederic Cossard, Puligny Montrachet 2010 February 16, 2013
- Frederic Cossard, Puligny Montrachet 2010 November 29, 2012
- Frederic Cossard, Morey Saint Denis Les Mont Luisants 2010 February 20, 2012
- Frederic Cossard, Beaune 1er cru 2008 December 30, 2011
- Frederic Cossard Vosne Romanee Les Champs Perdrix 2009 July 22, 2011
- Frederic Cossard Saint Romain 2008 July 22, 2011
- WineHog rating system – more than pointsMy aim with the Winehog is unchanged, but I have for some time wanted a stronger focus on the hedonistic pleasure and simple enjoyment of drinking Burgundies. I have therefore adjusted my mission statement: “My mission is to help readers find more joy and hedonistic pleasure in Burgundy wines; to help them understand the terroirs and ...