This is a very rare bird … a Beaune Les Bressandes Blanc. It’s made by Frederic Cossard and presumably from a plot in the village part of the vineyard i.e. the northern end of Les Bressandes just on the border to Beaune L’Ecu. The bouquet offer a lovely pure and quite exotic fruit .. rich and citrus infused with a sandy minerality underneath the ample fruit. On the palate quite rich for a white Cossard … it’s fruity, quite airy … with a lovely nerve. A very interesting wine with it’s richness and creamy textures … hmm need to taste this again at some point.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Frederic Cossard, Beaune Les Bressandes Blanc 2014 January 10, 2016
- Frederic Cossard, Puligny Montrachet 2010 February 16, 2013
- Frederic Cossard, Puligny Montrachet 2010 November 29, 2012
- Frederic Cossard, Morey Saint Denis Les Mont Luisants 2010 February 20, 2012
- Frederic Cossard, Beaune 1er cru 2008 December 30, 2011
- Frederic Cossard Vosne Romanee Les Champs Perdrix 2009 July 22, 2011
- Frederic Cossard Saint Romain 2008 July 22, 2011
- WineHog rating system – more than pointsMy aim with the Winehog is unchanged, but I have for some time wanted a stronger focus on the hedonistic pleasure and simple enjoyment of drinking Burgundies. I have therefore adjusted my mission statement: “My mission is to help readers find more joy and hedonistic pleasure in Burgundy wines; to help them understand the terroirs and ...