In 2015 Chantereves has expanded the range of wines with the first Cote de Nuits 1er cru – the Nuits-Saint-Georges Les Damodes – from a plot located quite high on the slope. I have tasted this wine a few times from cask – but this is the first time from bottle. The nose is offering deep red and dark berry fruit – quite tightly knit with fresh hints of red currant and pomegranate and a a lovely selection of spices – violets, cinnamon and allspice. On the palate very fine concentration, a nice core of juicy mid-palate fruit, a lovely transparency and expression of the terroir. Lovely to see this terroir unfolding so beautifully – energy is very fine in this wine.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Maison Chantereves, Bourgogne Blanc 2015 August 19, 2017
- Maison Chantereves, Bourgogne Rouges 2015 August 17, 2017
- Maison Chantereves, Nuits-Saint-Georges Les Damodes 2015 August 16, 2017
- Maison Chantereves, Meursault Les Crotots 2013 March 19, 2016
- Maison Chantereves, Bourgogne Blanc 2014 March 14, 2016
- Maison Chantereves, Chassagne-Montrachet Les Morgeots 2014 March 14, 2016
- Maison Chantereves, Saint Romain 2013 March 12, 2016
- Maison Chantereves, Volnay 2013 March 12, 2016
- Maison Chantereves, Bourgogne Rouge 2013 March 12, 2016
- Maison Chantereves, Pommard 2013 March 12, 2016
- Maison Chantereves, Pommard 2014 March 12, 2016
- Maison Chantereves, Volnay 2014 March 12, 2016
- Maison Chantereves, Saint Romain 2014 March 12, 2016
- Maison Chantereves, Bourgogne Blanc 2014 March 12, 2016
- Maison Chantereves, Meursault Les Crotots 2013 March 12, 2016
- Chantereves, Meursault Les Crotots 2011 April 7, 2015
- Great News from Domaine Chantereves!Writing Domaine Chantereves does give me an especially cheery feeling, after having visited Maison Chantereves many times over the past years. This is an estate that has a special place in this reviewer’s heart, as I like and enjoy the wines and furthermore the people behind this estate – Tomoko Kuriyama and Guillaume Bott. They are ...
- Visit Chantereves – tasting of the 2017sGreat to be back at Maison Chantereves to taste the 2017s from bottle with Guillaume Bott – who is one part of Chantereves. Tomoko Kuriyama, the other part of Chantereves was busy in the vineyards pruning – its hard work running a small estate like Chantereves. I know she take equal honor and pride in ...
- Burgundy .. 2017 and a look at 2018The 2017s are now getting bottled in many estates, and its time to give a status, before the 2018s are ready to taste and evaluate. I have tasted quite a few 2017s over the past year – and some more in the last week – 11th to 15th of February. This has really confirmed the quality ...
- Visit Chantereves – tasting of the 2017s from caskTasting wine can be somewhat unpredictable .. normally I like to taste the reds from Maison Chantereves early but prefer to taste the whites later.. in the 2017 vintage it’s actually the whites that are showing most ready to taste at this stage. Normally I taste the wines with Tomoko Kuriyama who is one part of ...
- Visit Maison Chantereves – tasting of the 2016sVisit Maison Chatereves in Savigny Les Beaune – tasting and re-tasting of the 2016 vintage.. I tasted the 2016s from Chantereves already in March and it was quite early for the reds, and moreover way to early to taste the whites. So I’m BACK … to taste both reds and whites. Firstly – great to ...