The Gevrey Chambertin 1er cru 2011 from Mugneret-Gibourg is made from the young vines on Ruchottes Chambertin – please note in 2012 all the production will be bottled as Ruchottes. The 2011 version is very harmonious and quite forward with layers of fruit and a lovely complex expession of terroir. The nose is bursting with delicate red and dark berry fruit – notes of raspberries, red and dark cherries … spiced with a complex earthy minerality. On the palate lovely airy fruit with good midpalete weight supported by finely grained tannins. It’s very balanced and transparent – showing the lovely complexity of the Ruchottes terroir. A very harmonious effort … really like this producer and I adore the Ruchottes terroir.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Ruchottes-Chambertin 2015 July 17, 2016
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Clos de Vougeot 2015 July 16, 2016
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Echezeaux 2015 July 15, 2016
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Chambolle-Musigny Les Feusselottes 2015 July 14, 2016
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Nuits-Saint-Georges Les Chaignot 2015 July 13, 2016
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Vosne-Romanee 2015 July 13, 2016
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Clos de Vougeot 2014 May 26, 2016
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Echezeaux 2011 June 1, 2014
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Echezeaux 2012 May 25, 2014
- Mugneret-Gibourg, Gevrey Chambertin 1er cru 2011 March 26, 2014
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Vosne Romanee 2010 September 24, 2013
- Mugneret-Gibourg, Gevrey Chambertin 1er cru 2010 May 6, 2013
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Vosne-Romanee 2010 October 29, 2012
- Domaine Mugneret Gibourg, Vosne Romanee 2009 October 21, 2012
- Domaine Mugneret Gibourg, NSG Les Vignes Rondes 2008 August 10, 2012
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Echezeaux 2009 March 29, 2012
- Visit at Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, tasting of the 2017s from cask The 2017 vintage is a lovely vintage giving good yields and fine quality – and it was therefore a great pleasure to visit Mugneret-Gibourg to taste this new vintage.. Mugneret-Gibourg was one of the estates that really suffered during the frost in 2016 harvest – and while it’s equally sad for all estates that lost ...
- Visit at Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, tasting of the 2016s from cask The 2016 vintage is a paradox … some were almost untouched by the April frost whereas others lost a large part of the harvest – with vineyards and plots just meters away. Mugneret-Gibourg was one of the estates that really suffered during the April harvest – and while it’s equally sad for all estates that ...
- Twilight Zone – Nuits-Saint-Georges Au Bas de Combe There are a lot of interesting terroirs in the Vosne-Romanee appellation itself and in the twilight zone between Nuits-Saint-Georges and Vosne-Romanee. This area is somewhat overlooked, but as the new generations of vignerons take on these terroirs, there are very fine wines to find from these vineyards. In the first article I covered Aux Réas and in ...
- Visit Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, tasting of the 2015s Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg is one of the estates that I admire most in Burgundy. They have consistently produced beautiful wines each vintage over the last decades, and kept a quite unique and very authentic style in their wines. The domaine is managed by the two sisters Marie-Christine and Marie-Andrée – the daughters of Georges Mugneret who shaped ...
- Burgundy day one and two … the truly delightful 2015 vintage I’m now on day two of my June Burgundy trip .. five magnificent tastings so far – Domaine Michéle et Patrice Rion, Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüè, Domaine Heitz-Lochardet. Domaine Jean Grivot and Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg. It’s very humid in Burgundy .. more rain today … and the forecast say more rain in the following days … ...
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...