The Gevrey Chambertin 1er cru from Mugneret-Gibourg is made from the young vines in Ruchottes Chambertin. It’s slightly closed now – but still offering a charming display of terroir and cool 2010 fruit. In the bouquet dark berry fruit with notes of red and dark cherries and liquorice. On the palate lovely intense fruit with good midpalete weight supported by finely grained tannins. It’s very balanced and transparent offering a good look at the charming minerality of the Ruchottes terroir. It’s a lovely 1er cru but is lacking the depth and minerality of the Ruchottes made from old vines. Love the style and terroir – a beautilful wine in the making!
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Ruchottes-Chambertin 2015 July 17, 2016
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Clos de Vougeot 2015 July 16, 2016
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Echezeaux 2015 July 15, 2016
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Chambolle-Musigny Les Feusselottes 2015 July 14, 2016
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Nuits-Saint-Georges Les Chaignot 2015 July 13, 2016
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Vosne-Romanee 2015 July 13, 2016
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Clos de Vougeot 2014 May 26, 2016
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Echezeaux 2011 June 1, 2014
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Echezeaux 2012 May 25, 2014
- Mugneret-Gibourg, Gevrey Chambertin 1er cru 2011 March 26, 2014
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Vosne Romanee 2010 September 24, 2013
- Mugneret-Gibourg, Gevrey Chambertin 1er cru 2010 May 6, 2013
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Vosne-Romanee 2010 October 29, 2012
- Domaine Mugneret Gibourg, Vosne Romanee 2009 October 21, 2012
- Domaine Mugneret Gibourg, NSG Les Vignes Rondes 2008 August 10, 2012
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Echezeaux 2009 March 29, 2012
- Terroir Insight: Mugneret-Gibourg Clos de VougeotClos de Vougeot has a magic ring to it, although some wines from this large vineyard could be described as rather indifferent; others even poor. One wine which always shines, however, is the Mugneret-Gibourg example that has graced our palates for over 60 years. Marie-Andrée Marie-Christine et Lucie The domaine’s current plot was acquired by Georges Mugneret in 1953, ...
- Visit to Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, tasting the 2018sDomaine Mugneret-Gibourg is always a treat, even in the relatively hot 2018 vintage. We were received by Marie-Christine Mugneret and got a short introduction to the vintage. The wines here are always in balance with the vintage, and express the nature and character of the year. The 2018s here are rich, almost silkily-textured wines with weight and ...
- Visit at Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, tasting of the 2017s from caskThe 2017 vintage is a lovely vintage giving good yields and fine quality – and it was therefore a great pleasure to visit Mugneret-Gibourg to taste this new vintage.. Mugneret-Gibourg was one of the estates that really suffered during the frost in 2016 harvest – and while it’s equally sad for all estates that lost ...
- Visit at Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, tasting of the 2016s from caskThe 2016 vintage is a paradox … some were almost untouched by the April frost whereas others lost a large part of the harvest – with vineyards and plots just meters away. Mugneret-Gibourg was one of the estates that really suffered during the April harvest – and while it’s equally sad for all estates that ...
- Twilight Zone – Nuits-Saint-Georges Au Bas de CombeThere are a lot of interesting terroirs in the Vosne-Romanee appellation itself and in the twilight zone between Nuits-Saint-Georges and Vosne-Romanee. This area is somewhat overlooked, but as the new generations of vignerons take on these terroirs, there are very fine wines to find from these vineyards. In the first article I covered Aux Réas and in ...