The Vosne Romanee 2009 from Mugneret-Gibourg is a delightful village wine. In the bouquet lovely cherry notes, supported by forest berries and liquorice, vanilla and a fine sence of oak. On the palate – slightly closed – tight but rich, sweet pinot notes with cherries and darker fruit aromas. Fine tannins in the finish, good grip and balance. Good juicyness in the fruit apart from the slight dense sweetness in the finish. A very good village wine.
Note: Made from the five village vineyards Les Chalendins, Le Pré de la Folie, Les Champs Gourdin, La Colombière and Les Croix Blanches.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg Vosne-Romanée 2008 March 24, 2022
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Ruchottes-Chambertin 2015 July 17, 2016
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Clos de Vougeot 2015 July 16, 2016
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Echezeaux 2015 July 15, 2016
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Chambolle-Musigny Les Feusselottes 2015 July 14, 2016
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Nuits-Saint-Georges Les Chaignot 2015 July 13, 2016
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Vosne-Romanee 2015 July 13, 2016
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Clos de Vougeot 2014 May 26, 2016
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Echezeaux 2011 June 1, 2014
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Echezeaux 2012 May 25, 2014
- Mugneret-Gibourg, Gevrey Chambertin 1er cru 2011 March 26, 2014
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Vosne Romanee 2010 September 24, 2013
- Mugneret-Gibourg, Gevrey Chambertin 1er cru 2010 May 6, 2013
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Vosne-Romanee 2010 October 29, 2012
- Domaine Mugneret Gibourg, Vosne Romanee 2009 October 21, 2012
- Domaine Mugneret Gibourg, NSG Les Vignes Rondes 2008 August 10, 2012
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Echezeaux 2009 March 29, 2012
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg Vosne-Romanée 2008The 2008 Vosne-Romanée from Mugneret-Gibourg is open and ready for business, showing grace and Vosne beauty. The palate is fully open, offering juicy fruit and energetic Vosne notes. This is not a big wine, but rather a display of the core of Vosne as I like it – the fresh, vivid fruit, the coolness of ...
- Visit to Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg – Tasting the 2020sNew times at Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, with Marion Nauleau-Mugneret running the tasting of the 2020s. Marion is the daughter of Marie-Andrée Nauleau-Mugneret, one of the two Mugneret-Gibourg sisters. This was the first time I had met Marion, although we had been in contact electronically regarding articles and tastings. It was a pleasure to meet a new member ...
- Vins d’Emotion from Vosne-Romanée and Flagey-EchezeauxTo simplify your search for emotional wines, I have decided to compile a list of the top emotional producers in each appellation. Comments and thoughts The list contains producers that regularly score an emotional rating, and they are ranked in three levels. I hope this proves useful; here we go! Note that any wines marked with brackets ...
- Visit to Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg – tasting the 2019sThe 2019 vintage will surely be remembered for its high quality. But I will never forget the troublesome process of visiting and tasting the wines due to the Covid-19 situation. The vignerons are doing their utmost to receive you, and I owe a debt of gratitude to them and to the BIVB. All have different protocols ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg EchezeauxI have a soft spot for the wines from Mugneret-Gibourg. They have a classic stance and gives serious hedonistic delight. They require attention and respect – and quite some aging to reach their optimum complexity and hedonistic joyfulness. The wines have the dignified friendliness of the Mugneret-Gibourg sisters themselves: generous yet slightly reserved at first, only ...