The 2008 Blanchot Dessus from Domaine Jean-Claude Bachelet is one of the very best Chassagne 1er crus I have tasted so far. In the nose pure and airy white fruit brought forward by a vibrant citrus infused intense but filligree minerality. On the palate intense with a almost regal effortless presentation of fruit and minerality. It’s long, intense and powerfull – but still lightfooted and refined. A magnificent and gorgeous wine … Grand Cru level in my view.
Latest tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Bachelet, Chassagne Blanchot Dessus 2010 October 14, 2017
- Domaine Bachelet, Saint-Aubin Des Dents de Chien 2013 August 7, 2017
- Domaine Bachelet, Saint-Aubin Des Dents de Chien 2014 August 3, 2017
- Domaine Bachelet, Saint-Aubin Des Dents de Chien 2009 August 2, 2017
- Domaine Bachelet, Saint-Aubin Des Dents de Chien 2008 July 31, 2017
- Domaine Bachelet, Chassagne Blanchot Dessus 2010 September 30, 2016
- Domaine Bachelet, Chassagne La Boudriotte 2008 May 17, 2015
- Domaine Bachelet, Chassagne Blanchot Dessus 2008 May 13, 2015
- Jean-Claude Bachelet, Chassagne Les Macherelles 2010 March 7, 2014
- Once Mont Rachet now Blanchot .. the unknown neighbour! The vineyard Blanchot Dessus is located just south of Le Montrachet – the Chassagne part of the legendary Grand Cru Montrachet. Blanchots Dessus seen from south Blanchot Dessus is a small and relatively unknown vineyard with few owners – somewhat overlooked compared to its more famours nighbours Montrachet and Criots-Batard Montrachet. But what is the history of this ...
- WineHog rating system – more than points My aim with the Winehog is unchanged, but I have for some time wanted a stronger focus on the hedonistic pleasure and simple enjoyment of drinking Burgundies. I have therefore adjusted my mission statement: “My mission is to help readers find more joy and hedonistic pleasure in Burgundy wines; to help them understand the terroirs and ...