I really adore the Saint-Aubin Murgers Des Dents de Chien terroir, and also the producer Jean-Claude Bachelet. I am however not very impressed by many or even most white 2009 Burgundies. It’s a vintage lacking the basic freshness and energy, in some cases this is provided by the terroir – the big grand crus do quite well in a rich vintage like this. In this case the wine seems dense, lacking the playful energy and minerality found in the 2008, 2013 and 2013 vintages of this wine – tasted at the same event. It will keep – but I think I would have prefered this three years ago, when the mature notes were less pronounced and the youthful freshness more prevalant. The 2012 is also lacking a bit of freshness – and should be tasted now in my mind ..
Latest tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Bachelet, Chassagne Blanchot Dessus 2010 October 14, 2017
- Domaine Bachelet, Saint-Aubin Des Dents de Chien 2013 August 7, 2017
- Domaine Bachelet, Saint-Aubin Des Dents de Chien 2014 August 3, 2017
- Domaine Bachelet, Saint-Aubin Des Dents de Chien 2009 August 2, 2017
- Domaine Bachelet, Saint-Aubin Des Dents de Chien 2008 July 31, 2017
- Domaine Bachelet, Chassagne Blanchot Dessus 2010 September 30, 2016
- Domaine Bachelet, Chassagne La Boudriotte 2008 May 17, 2015
- Domaine Bachelet, Chassagne Blanchot Dessus 2008 May 13, 2015
- Jean-Claude Bachelet, Chassagne Les Macherelles 2010 March 7, 2014
- Once Mont Rachet now Blanchot .. the unknown neighbour! The vineyard Blanchot Dessus is located just south of Le Montrachet – the Chassagne part of the legendary Grand Cru Montrachet. Blanchots Dessus seen from south Blanchot Dessus is a small and relatively unknown vineyard with few owners – somewhat overlooked compared to its more famours nighbours Montrachet and Criots-Batard Montrachet. But what is the history of this ...
- WineHog rating system – more than points My aim with the Winehog is unchanged, but I have for some time wanted a stronger focus on the hedonistic pleasure and simple enjoyment of drinking Burgundies. I have therefore adjusted my mission statement: “My mission is to help readers find more joy and hedonistic pleasure in Burgundy wines; to help them understand the terroirs and ...