The Vosne-Romanée Clos du Chateau 2016 is surprisingly decandent and organic – sinfully delicious. The nose is very floral with a georgeous organic fruit – forward and ripe with a tremedous minerality. On the palate fresh and cool – lovely intensity with airy midpalate fruit. It’s vibrant and energetic offering a lovely verve and mineral tension. The fruit is lightfooted with a fresh note of gooseberries.
(Drink from 2026) – Fine (91 – 92p) – Tasted 22/02/2019.
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Vosne-Romanée 2014 April 15, 2023
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Nuits-Saint-Georges Aux Cras 2014 April 15, 2023
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Echezeaux 2014 April 14, 2023
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Vosne-Romanée Clos du Château 2014 October 25, 2022
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Vosne-Romanée La Colombière 2009 October 21, 2022
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Vosne-Romanée Clos du Chateau 2013 March 23, 2022
- Domaine Liger-Belair Vosne-Romanée Clos du Chateau 2007 in magnum September 8, 2021
- Domaine Liger-Belair Vosne-Romanée Clos du Chateau 2018 September 8, 2021
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Vosne Clos du Chateau 2009 January 3, 2020
All tasting notes for Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair (click here)
- Visit to Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair – Tasting the 2022sOne of my most exciting tastings so far this year is the 2022s from Comte Liger-Belair, as it includes a number of new wines from the expansion of this already fabulous estate. With the 2022 vintage Louis-Michel Liger-Belair got new plots in Grands Echezeaux, Vosne-Romanée Les Malconsorts, La Croix Rameau, and Aux Reas. Furthermore, he ...
- Visit to Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair – Tasting the 2021sThe Winehog’s first decade began at this fine estate at a memorable tasting with some of the great wine personalities of the time: Roy Richards, wine merchant extraordinaire; and the great and sadly now late Clive Coates – at the time perhaps past his peak, but still an influential writer. Louis-Michel Liger-Belair just before opening ...
- On the Table, In the Glass #35: The Need for IndulgenceLet me be clear: Wine is about hedonism and joy, and it is always timely and appropriate to open a vin d’émotion. The prices of some wines are astronomical, but it is rarely the fault of the winegrower, who often gets less than 20% of the inflated grey-market price. What! How can you open … ? Wine ...