The Chassagne Montrachet Les Champs-Gain 2010 is quite dense and lush Chassagne. In the bouquet white peach, pear with notes of citrus and acacia. On the palate rich, quite dense and buttery. There is a quite rich midpalate concentration, but currently it’s lacking a bit of freshness and minerality compared to the other 1er crus. While this is a very good wine, I prefer some of the other 1er crus. But if you are looking for a more lush and rich Chassagne this could be the wine to get.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Jean-Nöel Gagnard, Chassagne Blanchots-Dessus 2012 July 12, 2014
- Domaine Jean-Nöel Gagnard, Chassagne Les Masures 2012 July 11, 2014
- Domaine Jean-Nöel Gagnard, Chassagne Les Chaumes 2012 July 9, 2014
- Domaine Jean-Nöel Gagnard, Chassagne Les Chenevottes 2012 June 26, 2014
- Domaine Jean-Nöel Gagnard, Chassagne Les Chaumees 2012 June 23, 2014
- Domaine Jean-Nöel Gagnard, Chassagne Les Caillerets 2012 June 20, 2014
- Jean-Noel Gagnard, Chassagne Les Chenevottes 2010 August 16, 2012
- Jean-Noel Gagnard, Chassagne Morgeot 1er cru 2008 July 23, 2012
- Jean-Noël Gagnard, Chassagne-Montrachet Champs-Gain 2010 May 21, 2012
- Jean-Noël Gagnard, Chassagne-Montrachet Clos de la Maltroye 2010 May 19, 2012
- Jean-Noël Gagnard, Chassagne-Montrachet Les Chaumees 2010 May 16, 2012
- Jean-Noël Gagnard, Chassagne Les Chenevottes 2010 May 16, 2012
- Jean-Noël Gagnard, Chassagne Blanchot-Dessus 2010 May 12, 2012
- Jean-Noël Gagnard, Chassagne Les Caillerets 2010 May 11, 2012
- Jean-Noël Gagnard, Chassagne Les Chaumes 2010 May 10, 2012
- Clos Saint-Jean … the red Grand Cru of Chassagne-Montrachet? I have always enjoyed a good glass of red Chassagne as they often offer a very lively and vibrant expression of pinot noir. Often have I been drinking these wines for mere pleasure and without analyzing the wines and taking a closer look at why I adore these somewhat overlooked beauties. Chassagne-Montrachet Clos Saint-Jean – Photo: Google ...
- Collins Corner #2 – the forgotten Santenay This weeks article from C. Robert Collins is about another of the overlooked but great reds of Cote de Beaune: “When history jumps up – the forgotten Santenay” The search for great wine vineyards can involve studying maps or researching list of owners of famous crus, or sometimes a wine just jumps up and grabs your attention ...
- Once Mont Rachet now Blanchot .. the unknown neighbour! The vineyard Blanchot Dessus is located just south of Le Montrachet – the Chassagne part of the legendary Grand Cru Montrachet. Blanchots Dessus seen from south Blanchot Dessus is a small and relatively unknown vineyard with few owners – somewhat overlooked compared to its more famours nighbours Montrachet and Criots-Batard Montrachet. But what is the history of this ...
- Visit at Jean-Nöel Gagnard – tasting of the 2012 vintage Domaine Jean-Nöel Gagnard holds a special place in the Winehog history, as this was the first Domaine I visited as a official blogger – about two years ago. And what can I say ?… good to be back!. The style of Domaine Jean-Nöel Gagnard A bit about the style at Jean-Nöel Gagnard. In my view the wines ...
- One year with the WineHog Time really flies … and it’s now exactly one year since I launched WineHog.org in Juliy 2011. During this year I realized that blogging about fine wine is quite a lot of hard work, but fortunately also very rewarding and a lot of fun. I have tasted a lot of good wines during the first year, ...
- Domaine Jean-Noël Gagnard – profile As you might know I’m a big admirer of wines with a strong expression of the terroir. It was therefore a great pleasure to visit Jean-Noël Gagnard in Chassagne on my May 2012 trip to Burgundy. Jean-Noël Gagnard is one of the most exiting domaines in Chassagne Montrachet, as they are producing the wines according organic ...
- WineHog rating system – more than points Tasting and rating wine is not exact science … and therefore I prefer to use a scale that reflects that wine is a living organism and that a wine can taste like 94 points one day … and 93 the next day … depending on the moon, the glass, temperature and or my mood! I ...