The 2003 Clos de Vougeot from Meo is still very young. The bouquet is starting out with very ripe notes, prune, plum and dusty liquorice. The expression is somewhat overripe with some spicy elements – slightly stalky, clove and nutmeg. After some time in the glass cassis becomes the dominant element in the nose, with fine hints of red cherries. On the palate quite some concentration and tannins. The fruits seems less overripe and has some red elements – cherries and raspberry There is a strong grip from the tannins, and the palate is overall quite balanced. The finish is long and quite persistant with quite a lot of tannins. This wine really need time. Most likely it will keep some of overripe notes even when matured – not my style of Burgundy. Merely very good.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Nuits-Saint-Georges Aux Boudots 2010 December 15, 2017
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Echezeaux 2013 June 11, 2017
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Clos de Vougeot 2008 June 10, 2017
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Vosne-Romanee Aux Brulee 2002 September 11, 2016
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Vosne-Romanee Aux Brulee 2007 February 20, 2016
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Clos de Vougeot 2008 August 22, 2015
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Vosne-Romanee Aux Brulees 2008 June 14, 2015
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Richebourg 2006 October 3, 2014
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Vosne-Romanee Aux Brulees 2003 September 27, 2013
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Vosne Les Chaumes 1996 August 29, 2013
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Vosne Romanee 2008 July 2, 2013
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Nuits-Saint-Georges Aux Boudots 2002 May 17, 2013
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Echezeaux 2011 May 12, 2013
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Vosne Aux Brulees 2011 May 11, 2013
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Echezeaux 2002 January 5, 2013
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Vosne Aux Brulees 2004 January 2, 2013
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Clos de Vougeot 2007 October 23, 2012
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Vosne Aux Brulees 2004 August 2, 2012
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Vosne Romanee 2005 July 3, 2012
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Clos de Vougeot 2004 June 18, 2012
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Vosne Romanee 2006 April 6, 2012
- Meo-Camuzet, Clos de Vougeot 2003 April 5, 2012
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Clos de Vougeot Pres Le Cellier 2009 February 21, 2012
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Vosne Romanee 2009 January 12, 2012
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Vosne Romanee 2007 November 22, 2011
- Meo Camuzet, Nuit Saint Georges Aux Boudots 2002 October 11, 2011
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Vosne Romanee 2008 September 10, 2011
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Clos de Vougeot 2002 September 3, 2011
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet Clos de Vougeot 1996 July 5, 2011
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet Clos de Vougeot 2004 July 1, 2011
- Terroir Insight: Domaine de la Romanée-Conti Corton-CharlemagneTime is flying. There have already been 11 vintages since Domaine de la Romanée-Conti took on the making of a red Corton in 2009, and now the legendary estate is tackling another of Burgundy’s greats: Corton-Charlemagne. Its opportunity comes, of course, via the vineyards of the historic Bonneau du Martray (BdM) estate in Pernand-Vergeleses: Domaine de ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Meo-Camuzet – Corton La Vigne au SaintJean-Nicolas Meo has expanded his presence on the Corton hill, and now produces three single-vineyard Cortons and a negociant Corton-Charlemagne. At the same time, he seems to have lightened his extraction somewhat since 2007-08. As a result, the wines now seem a bit more hedonistic and lively. In 2009 he expanded the domaine with a plot ...
- Visit to Domaine Meo-Camuzet – tasting the 2018sDomaine Méo-Camuzet has a special aura, and a special place in my Burgundy history as both a link to the old master Henri Jayer and a connection to the core of Vosne-Romanee history. I have followed the Méo-Camuzet wines for many years, and have been very impressed by the progress at the estate, especially after 2007. ...
- Domaine Méo-Camuzet … tasting a few 2016sI had the pleasure of tasting a few of the Méo-Camuzet 2016s during the Grand Jours de Bourgogne. Jean-Nicolas Méo was as usual showing a range of his wines at the big Grands Jours de Bourgogne tasting at Clos de Vougeot. A rather intense tasting at the Chateau – with many people. I did however have a ...
- Dégustation Prestige – Clos de Vougeot Grand CruThis year Grand Jours de Bourgogne included a Dégustation Prestige of Clos de Vougeot Grand Cru … as it did two years ago. It’s a tasting of around 20 wines from the Clos de Vougeot vineyard – this year with the oldest being a 1989 from Domaine Joseph Drouhin and the youngest being a 2008 from ...