Decadent .. the 2015 Vosne-Romanée Clos du Chateau is sinfully delightful. The nose is very floral with a generous organic fruit – lavish and ripe with a gorgeous minerality. On the palate fresh and airy – lovely intensity with ample midpalate fruit. It’s vibrant and energetic offering a lovely verve and mineral tension. The fruit is hedonistic with a fresh note of gooseberries interlinked with the silky oak. A delight even early – yet would let the oak integrate fully before enjoying the next bottles.
Lastest Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Liger-Belair Vosne-Romanée Clos du Chateau 2007 in magnum September 8, 2021
- Domaine Liger-Belair Vosne-Romanée Clos du Chateau 2018 September 8, 2021
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Vosne Clos du Chateau 2009 January 3, 2020
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Clos de Chateau 2009 July 26, 2019
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Clos du Chateau 2016 March 6, 2019
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Echezeaux 2009 March 6, 2019
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Echezeaux 2009 October 17, 2018
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, La Romanee 2006 September 6, 2018
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne-Romanee Aux Reignots 2009 May 1, 2018
- 2020: Cool in a Hot Year – ElaboratedThe 2020 vintage is a serious and somewhat scary beast – to me at least- coming as it does after the outstandingly great red 2019s. Don’t get me wrong: I think the 2020s are very, very good, and sometimes even better than the 2019s. It’s seemingly a cooler year, and a vintage that often talks ...
- Visit to Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair – tasting the 2020sDomaine du Comte Liger-Belair. A decade of the Winehog began at this fine estate at a memorable tasting with some of the great wine writers of the time: Roy Richards, wine merchant extraordinaire; and the great Clive Coates, who now is enjoying well-deserved leisure after producing some tremendous books over the last 40 years. Times have ...
- Comte Liger-Belair Vosne-Romanée Clos du Château – my vin d’emotionThe joy of drinking a true vin d’emotion is unparalleled. Effortless, enjoyable, and hedonistic, these are wines with great drinkability, and they’re sometimes even down-to-earth, with true glou-glou character. One of my favourite vins d’emotion is the Clos du Château from Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair. Only my budget limits how many of these I can consume ...