The Goutte d’Or is quite a step up from Fabien Coche’s otherwise excellent villages. It offers a tighter, more precise framework with intense mid-palate fruit – pure and vivid, and offering immense hedonistic treats. Very lively and forward with plenty of aging potential. This is a delightful Goutte d’Or, and 80-year-old vines give it a rich foundation.
(Drink from 2028) – Very Fine (93-94p) – 20/06/2020 –
The wines of Domaine Fabien Coche were provided by Rufus Vin Aps.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Fabien Coche Meursault Les Chevalières 2017 June 24, 2020
- Domaine Fabien Coche Meursault Goutte d’Or 2017 June 24, 2020
- Domaine Fabien Coche Meursault Les Luchets 2017 February 28, 2020
- Domaine Fabien Coche Bourgogne Cote d’Or 2017 Chardonnay February 28, 2020
- Domaine Fabien Coche, Batard-Montrachet 1978 December 17, 2017
- More Coche – Fabien CocheThis is a strange year. I normally would have visited Fabien Coche a long time ago, but due to the multiple lockdowns, I never got the chance. And Fabien Coche truly deserves a visit. He is near the top of my list when the world gets back closer to normal again. Fortunately, Fabien’s Danish importer put on ...
- WineHog rating system – more than pointsMy aim with the Winehog is unchanged, but I have for some time wanted a stronger focus on the hedonistic pleasure and simple enjoyment of drinking Burgundies. I have therefore adjusted my mission statement: “My mission is to help readers find more joy and hedonistic pleasure in Burgundy wines; to help them understand the terroirs and ...
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.