Domaine Fabien Coche is one of my new favourites in Meursault: a producer whose wines are still affordable and who makes vivacious and rather classic wines (the estate was formerly known as Domaine Coche-Bizouard).
The Meursault Chevalières – from vines located just below Luchets and above Meix Chavaux – is a hedonistic treat offering all the best from Meursault. It’s rich yet vivid, really shining in 2017 with the full-bodied village style one finds in Chevalières and its neighbouring vineyards. The fruit is generous – yellow and white – perfectly ripe and very lively and energetic. A vin d’émotion in my book.
(Drink from 2027) – Fine (91p) – 20/06/2020 –
The wines of Domaine Fabien Coche are provided by Rufus Vin Aps.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Fabien Coche Meursault Les Chevalières 2017 June 24, 2020
- Domaine Fabien Coche Meursault Goutte d’Or 2017 June 24, 2020
- Domaine Fabien Coche Meursault Les Luchets 2017 February 28, 2020
- Domaine Fabien Coche Bourgogne Cote d’Or 2017 Chardonnay February 28, 2020
- Domaine Fabien Coche, Batard-Montrachet 1978 December 17, 2017
- More Coche – Fabien CocheThis is a strange year. I normally would have visited Fabien Coche a long time ago, but due to the multiple lockdowns, I never got the chance. And Fabien Coche truly deserves a visit. He is near the top of my list when the world gets back closer to normal again. Fortunately, Fabien’s Danish importer put on ...
- WineHog rating system – more than pointsMy aim with the Winehog is unchanged, but I have for some time wanted a stronger focus on the hedonistic pleasure and simple enjoyment of drinking Burgundies. I have therefore adjusted my mission statement: “My mission is to help readers find more joy and hedonistic pleasure in Burgundy wines; to help them understand the terroirs and ...