Domaine de la Douaix is one of the few producers of white Corton – meaning a white wine made from the Corton vineyard, but outside the Corton-Charlemagne appellation. Complex – yes; French – very much so, and charming indeed! I love these idiosyncrasies that make Burgundy Bourgogne. This wine is clearly carved out the limestone soil of the Corton hill, offering plenty of mineral punch softened by Conference pear, peach, and quince. It has the Gilles Moustie/Arcenant type of mineral expression, with very appealing and vivid liveliness. A magnificent white Corton … chapeau!
(Drink from 2032) – Very Fine (94p) – 31/01/2020 – ?
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine de la Douaix Côtes de Nuits Villages Vieilles Vignes 2015 February 17, 2020
- Domaine de la Douaix Côtes de Nuits Villages Terres Nobles 2011 February 16, 2020
- Domaine de la Douaix Côtes de Nuits Villages VV 2012 February 8, 2020
- Domaine de la Douaix Corton Blanc 2017 February 7, 2020
- Visit up above to Domaine de la Douaix – tasting the 2018s Gilles of Arcenant: There is something poetic about the beautiful hills of the Hautes Côtes and the wines of Gilles Moustie; slightly rustic perhaps, but yes, also poetic. Gilles is a sturdy Belgian who is in the Hautes Côtes with a strong purpose. He is certainly the guy to take the high road style- and quality-wise ...