Domaine de la Douaix – Gilles Moustie – is producing a nice range of Côte de Nuits Villages wines, amongst them this mid-range Terres Nobles. The Terres Nobles is from four Côtes de Nuits terroirs – Aux Quartiers, Les Chaillots and two others – in Corgoloin. The 2011 version is surprisingly fresh and vivid with its long-elevage feel, fine, lively acidity and perfumed fruit. Surprising for the 2011 vintage, as I get very few green notes and it’s still quite youthful given the level. Impressive.
(Drink from Now) – Good (86p) – 04/02/2020
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Fabien Coche Meursault Les Chevalières 2017 June 24, 2020
- Domaine Fabien Coche Meursault Goutte d’Or 2017 June 24, 2020
- Domaine Fabien Coche Meursault Les Luchets 2017 February 28, 2020
- Domaine Fabien Coche Bourgogne Cote d’Or 2017 Chardonnay February 28, 2020
- Domaine de la Douaix Côtes de Nuits Villages Vieilles Vignes 2015 February 17, 2020
- Domaine de la Douaix Côtes de Nuits Villages Terres Nobles 2011 February 16, 2020
- Domaine de la Douaix Côtes de Nuits Villages VV 2012 February 8, 2020
- Domaine de la Douaix Corton Blanc 2017 February 7, 2020
- Visit up above to Domaine de la Douaix – tasting the 2018sGilles of Arcenant: There is something poetic about the beautiful hills of the Hautes Côtes and the wines of Gilles Moustie; slightly rustic perhaps, but yes, also poetic. Gilles is a sturdy Belgian who is in the Hautes Côtes with a strong purpose. He is certainly the guy to take the high road style- and quality-wise ...