Domaine de la Douaix – aka Gilles Moustie – is producing a range of Côte de Nuits Villages cuvées, with the Vieilles Vignes being the top wine. It comes from the vineyards Les Vignottes in Premeaux (85-year-old vines) and Les Chaillots in Corgoloin (101-year-old vines). The 2015 is rich and forward, with slightly higher volatility perhaps giving the wine a more vivid, livelier expression. The fruit is clearly sunnier in this vintage, but is still finely matched by quite ample acidity. A delicate and inviting 2015.
(Drink from Now) – Very Good (87p) – 31/01/2020
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Fabien Coche Meursault Les Chevalières 2017 June 24, 2020
- Domaine Fabien Coche Meursault Goutte d’Or 2017 June 24, 2020
- Domaine Fabien Coche Meursault Les Luchets 2017 February 28, 2020
- Domaine Fabien Coche Bourgogne Cote d’Or 2017 Chardonnay February 28, 2020
- Domaine de la Douaix Côtes de Nuits Villages Vieilles Vignes 2015 February 17, 2020
- Domaine de la Douaix Côtes de Nuits Villages Terres Nobles 2011 February 16, 2020
- Domaine de la Douaix Côtes de Nuits Villages VV 2012 February 8, 2020
- Domaine de la Douaix Corton Blanc 2017 February 7, 2020
- Visit up above to Domaine de la Douaix – tasting the 2018sGilles of Arcenant: There is something poetic about the beautiful hills of the Hautes Côtes and the wines of Gilles Moustie; slightly rustic perhaps, but yes, also poetic. Gilles is a sturdy Belgian who is in the Hautes Côtes with a strong purpose. He is certainly the guy to take the high road style- and quality-wise ...