Domaine de la Douaix is producing a range of Côte de Nuits Villages cuvées with the Vieilles Vignes being the top wine – coming from the vineyards Les Vignottes in Premeaux (85-year-old vines) and Les Chaillot in Corgoloin (101-year-old vines). The 2012 Vieilles Vignes is a delightful glass with fine, slightly perfumed fruit, confirming that the 2012 vintage is showing very well currently. Very charming peony, rose and raspberry notes with quite rich fruit for this level. Enjoyable now, but will keep for several years more.
(Drink from Now) – Good+ (87p) – 31/01/2020 – ?
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Fabien Coche Meursault Les Luchets 2017 February 28, 2020
- Domaine Fabien Coche Bourgogne Cote d’Or 2017 Chardonnay February 28, 2020
- Domaine de la Douaix Côtes de Nuits Villages Vieilles Vignes 2015 February 17, 2020
- Domaine de la Douaix Côtes de Nuits Villages Terres Nobles 2011 February 16, 2020
- Domaine de la Douaix Côtes de Nuits Villages VV 2012 February 8, 2020
- Domaine de la Douaix Corton Blanc 2017 February 7, 2020
- Visit up above to Domaine de la Douaix – tasting the 2018s Gilles of Arcenant: There is something poetic about the beautiful hills of the Hautes Côtes and the wines of Gilles Moustie; slightly rustic perhaps, but yes, also poetic. Gilles is a sturdy Belgian who is in the Hautes Côtes with a strong purpose. He is certainly the guy to take the high road style- and quality-wise ...