The greatness of the Roulot Perrieres is not a matter of preference … it’s a big step up from the otherwise very fine Les Charmes. Les Perrieres is the missing grand cru of Meursault with its sheer weight and underlying mineralic power – and Roulot’s Perrieres is made from a perfectly located plot on the northern part of Perrieres Dessous. In the nose gorgeously pure white and yellow orchard fruits – notes of pear and hints of more exotic fruits – powered and focused by a powerful yet refined minerality. On the palate crystal clear, weighty and powerful – with a beautifully focused and very pure fruit. Love the vibrant energy from the 2013 acidity, the nerve and minerals tension. A mighty and magnificent Meursault Les Perrieres … with an almost Moselle like raciness
(Drink From 2027) – Outstanding – (95p) – Tasted 17/03/2015
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Roulot Meursault Les Meix Chavaux 1992 June 30, 2020
- Domaine Roulot Meursault Charmes 2007 June 27, 2020
- Domaine Roulot, Meursault Meix Chaveaux 2008 December 23, 2016
- Domaine Roulot, Meursault Les Luchets 2011 September 4, 2016
- Domaine Roulot, Meursault Les Tillets 2010 August 29, 2015
- Domaine Roulot, Meursault Les Tillets 2013 August 24, 2015
- Domaine Roulot, Bourgogne Blanc 2013 August 19, 2015
- Domaine Roulot, Meursault Tesson 2013 August 16, 2015
- Domaine Roulot, Meursault Poruzot 2013 August 10, 2015
- Domaine Roulot, Meursault Charmes 2013 August 9, 2015
- Domaine Roulot, Meursault Clos des Boucheres 2013 August 9, 2015
- Domaine Roulot, Meursault Perrieres 2013 August 8, 2015
- Domaine Roulot, Meursault Meix Chaveaux 2010 December 12, 2014
- Domaine Roulot, Meursault Les Luchets 2012 December 11, 2014
- Domaine Roulot, Meursault Les Luchets 2012 May 27, 2014
- Domaine Roulot, Meursault Porusot 2012 May 25, 2014
- Domaine Roulot, Meursault Tesson 2012 May 15, 2014
- Domaine Roulot, Meursault Les Meix Chaveaux 2012 May 8, 2014
- Domaine Roulot, Meursault 2012 May 6, 2014
- Domaine Roulot, Bourgogne Blanc 2012 May 4, 2014
- Domaine Roulot, Meursault Clos des Boucheres 2012 April 25, 2014
- Domaine Roulot, Meursault Perrieres 2012 April 20, 2014
- Domaine Roulot, Meursault Les Tesson 2011 April 7, 2014
- Domaine Roulot, Meursault Les Tessons 2007 April 2, 2014
- Domaine Roulot, Meursault Perrieres 2005 March 31, 2014
- Domaine Roulot, “R” Meursault 2010 February 11, 2014
- Domaine Roulot, Meursault Les Luchets 2008 September 17, 2013
- Domaine Roulot, Meursault Les Vireuils 2010 September 16, 2013
- Domaine Roulot, Bourgogne Blanc 2010 September 6, 2012
- Domaine Guy Roulot, Le Meix Chavaux 2010 July 19, 2012
- Domaine Roulot – Tasting the 2021s; Forward to the Past!The 2021 vintage in many ways comes from an annus horribilis, especially if you are located in Côte de Beaune and make white wine. The spring frost in April struck hard and also somewhat randomly, leaving some vineyards denuded of fruit (Domaine Roulot lost 50% to the frost alone). Then came humid weather, with ...
- Visit to Domaine Roulot – Tasting the 2020sThe Domaine Roulot 2019s were sensual and on the slightly exotic side, and it was, therefore, difficult to believe that the 2020s could be even better and more refined. But they are. The Roulot ’20s have an airy effortlessness that makes them beautifully refined, while still maintaining the impressive intensity found in the vintage. Paul Delorme of ...
- Visit to Domaine Roulot – tasting the 2019sTraditions are to be cherished. This was how I began the article about the Roulot 2018s last year, when the COVID situation was disturbing me, my work and my tastings. Now here I am again chez Roulot, tasting the 2019s – another relatively hot and generous year, but strangely, not very similar. This is the beauty ...
- Bourgogne Day 3 – Promise and potentialAmphorae are the new black in Burgundy, and it is very interesting to taste wines vinified and matured in these large “formats.” Jean-Marc Roulot Roulot: Tasting Clos de la Boucheres from amphora Blind tasting: regular barrel, Stockinger large barrel, stainless-steel barrel, glass amphora and regular amphora. The result was very surprising – in different ways. Stay tuned… Glass, wood, stainless ...
- Visit to Domaine Roulot – tasting the 2018sTraditions are to be cherished, and these emotional anchors are important in the current world of chaos and covid. We are indeed living in a changing world, and as we try to adapt, the delightful sensation of a sip of Clos des Boucheres is is a joyful, hedonistic blessing one should savour. Jean-Marc Roulot – March 2020 It ...