A new year and a new vintage – and back at Rue de la Croix Rameau .. looking forward to taste the Grivot 2017s.
The 2016s showed very well in my view, with a lovely balance and intensity – the 2017 are somewhat lighter and more forward offering a more sunny and fresh style than the somewhat more serious 2016s.
Impressions from the tasting of the 2017s from Domaine Grivot
Mathilde Grivot had prepared a tasting of the wines from tank – as the wines were getting ready for bottling.
The 2017 vintage is a quite large harvest – very welcome after the relatively modest crop in 2016 .. and the 2017 have both good quality and good yields.
It’s a charming year, that will provide fine drinking over the next decade or so, and presumably even longer for the big grand crus and 1er crus.
As always there are some variations between the cuvées .. see below.
You need to login as a Premium subscriber to read the rest of this article. If you are not a Premium subscriber, use the subscribe function and sign-up.
Tasting Notes for this producer
- Domaine Grivot, Vosne-Romanee Les Rouges 2009 November 29, 2016
- Domaine Etienne Grivot, Vosne-Romanee Les Beaux-Monts 2014 June 5, 2016
- Domaine Etienne Grivot, Echezeaux 2014 May 23, 2016
- Domaine Etienne Grivot, Clos de Vougeot 2014 May 23, 2016
- Domaine Jean Grivot, Vosne-Romanee Aux Reignots 2008 March 19, 2016
- Domaine Jean Grivot, Vosne-Romanee Aux Reignots 2007 November 30, 2014
- Domaine Jean Grivot, Vosne-Romanee Aux Reignots 2004 June 30, 2014
- Jean Grivot, Clos de Vougeot 2011 April 22, 2013
- Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 2011 April 18, 2013
- Jean Grivot, Vosne-Romanee Les Beaux Monts 2011 April 17, 2013
- Domaine Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 2009 March 30, 2013
- Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 2007 March 8, 2013
- Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 2009 April 2, 2012
- Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 1988 November 7, 2011
- Jean Grivot, Echezeaux 2008 October 13, 2011
- Visit Domaine Grivot – Tasting the 2019s from tankThere’s still time to get the last 2019 tastings in the book – or should I say on the blog. Domaine Grivot is a pleasure to visit, taste and write about, like many others in 2019. The vintage and the Grivot style work very well together, as the rather rich fruit is a fine match to ...
- Visit to Domaine Grivot – tasting the 2018sPlanning tastings in Burgundy is sometimes difficult, as unexpected events can delay the program and – if you’re not careful – cause problems for the rest of the day. The Grivot visit last year came after a lovely tasting at Domaine Dujac, an event that took a bit more time than planned (by me at least). Mathilde ...
- Terroir Insight: Domaine Jean Grivot, EchezeauxEchezeaux Les Cruots or if you like Echezeaux Les Vigne Blanches is one of the most interesting terroirs in the Flagey-Echezeaux part of Burgundy. Henry Jayer found this to be one of the best terroirs in the large Echezeaux grand cru – and Jayer apparently made a special Echezeaux cuvée from this vineyard. One of the most ...
- Terroir View: Domaine Grivot, Vosne-Romanée Les SuchotsDomaine Grivot has a lovely collection of 1er crus – 9 in total – and the quality of these wines are increasing year by year. The Vosne-Romanée Les Suchots is in my view one of the top 1er crus, although both the Aux Reignots and the Brûlées are perhaps more know by collectors. It’s however ...
- Visit Domaine Grivot: Tasting of the 2017s from tankA new year and a new vintage – and back at Rue de la Croix Rameau .. looking forward to taste the Grivot 2017s. The 2016s showed very well in my view, with a lovely balance and intensity – the 2017 are somewhat lighter and more forward offering a more sunny and fresh style than the ...