The main tasting at this years Grand Jours de Bourgogne was the Vosne Romanee tasting. The tasting was held at Chateau Clos de Vougeot on March 20th – 2012
Most of the leading producers of Vosne Romanee, Echezeau, Grands Echezeaux and Clos de Vougeot attended this event. While the tastings of Morey, Chambolle, Nuit-Saint-Georges were fine, my main focus was on the Vosne tasting. It’s anyhow impossible to taste all the wines – and Vosne somehow seemed like the prefect place to start!
The producer lineup in Vosne was very impressive, and only a few top producers were missing. It was therefore a great oppertunity to taste and compare a lot of wines from a fine vintage.
Below I have tried to rank the wines and the producers, the results are not really surprising, but some wellknown producers are missing – some due to recent bottling of the wines, while others seem to have made disappointing wines. Some of the wines were very closed due to bottling, and it would therefore be unfair to rate these wines. Only the 2010 wines are included.
Best wine at the Vosne Romanee tasting
The lineup of Grand Cru wines were impressive, and there were a long list of very fine wines. A few wines stood out with outstanding and extraordinary qualities – on the day!
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, La Romanee 2010 (Extraordinary+)
- Domaine Anne Gros, Richebourg 2010 (Outstanding+)
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Echezeaux 2010 (Outstanding)
- Domaine Gros Frere et Soeur, Richebourg 2010 (Outstanding)
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Echezeaux 2010 (Outstanding)
There were more outstanding wines at the tasting, but the ones mentioned made the best impression on the day.
Best 1er cru at the Vosne Romanee tasting
The 1er division is very exiting in Vosne Romanee – with vineyards like Aux Reignots, Malconsorts, Beaux Monts and Aux Brulee. The best 1er crus at the tasting were in my view the following wines.
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Aux Reignots 2010 (Outstanding)
- Domaine Jean Grivot, Les Beaux Monts 2010 (Very Fine)
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Aux Brulee 2010 (Very Fine)
There were a lot of other fine and Very fine 1er cru’s – but these stood out in my view.
Best Vosne Romanee village at the tasting
The village category seemed most affected of the recent bottling of wines. Some village wines were very closed, and some of them should probably have been on this list. Bottled or not these were in my view the best village wines at the Vosne tasting.
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Romanee Clos du Chateau 2010 (Fine)
- Domaine Bizot, Vosne Romanee 2010 (Fine)
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Vosne Romanee La Colombiere (Fine)
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Vosne Romanee 2010 (Fine)
- Domaine Anne Gros, Vosne Romanee 2010 (Fine)
Best producer Vosne Romanee vintage 2010
The list of the best producers at the Vosne tasting is hardly surprising given the three lists of top wines – but nevertheless here they are.
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair
- Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg
- Domaine Anne Gros
- Domaine Bizot
- Domaine Jean Grivot
A lot of other produceres made very fine wines in 2010, but these impressed me the most at the tasting.
The Grand Jours de Bourgogne is the perfect chance to taste and compare the wines and the produceres.
There are a vast number of wines at Grand Jours de Bourgogne, and it’s impossible to taste all the wines, but the wines mentioned above is my selection. Please comment if I missed some vines that should be on one of the lists.
Lastly thanks to the Vosne produceres for the big support of the Grand Jours de Bourgogne event.
Tasting Notes for this vintage
- Domaine Dujac Gevrey-Chambertin Aux Combottes 2010 February 9, 2020
- Domaine Dujac Vosne-Romanée Les Beaux Monts 2010 February 8, 2020
- Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé Bourgogne Blanc 2010 February 7, 2020
- Domaine Robert Groffier Chambolle Les Hauts Doix 2010 September 4, 2019
- Domaine Dujac, Vosne-Romanée Aux Malconsort 2010 March 25, 2019
- Bruno Clavelier, Corton Rognets 2010 January 20, 2019
- Domaine Coquard Loison Fleurot, Clos de la Roche 2010 December 15, 2017
- Domaine Meo-Camuzet, Nuits-Saint-Georges Aux Boudots 2010 December 15, 2017
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, La Romanee 2010 December 5, 2017
- Lucien Le Moine, Chambolle-Musigny Hauts Doix 2010 November 29, 2017
- Domaine Bachelet, Chassagne Blanchot Dessus 2010 October 14, 2017
- Lucien Le Moine, Pommard Les Epenots 2010 July 5, 2017
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Echezeaux 2010 June 28, 2017
- Domaine Paul Pillot, Chassagne-Montrachet Cailleret 2010 May 22, 2017
- Domaine Tessier, Meursault Charmes-Dessus 2010 December 23, 2016
- Domaine Bachelet, Chassagne Blanchot Dessus 2010 September 30, 2016
- Domaine Dublere, Chassagne-Montrachet Les Chaumees 2010 August 14, 2016
- Domaine Mikulski, Meursault Charmes “cuvee 1913” 2010 June 25, 2016
- Domaine Darviot-Perrin, Meursault Genevrieres 2010 June 3, 2016
- Domaine Tessier, Meursault Charmes-Dessus 2010 June 2, 2016
- Philippe Pacalet, Echezeaux 2010 April 28, 2016
- Philippe Pacalet, Chambolle Musigny 2010 January 17, 2016
- Maison Jessiaume, Corton Renardes 2012 August 29, 2015
- Domaine Roulot, Meursault Les Tillets 2010 August 29, 2015
- Philippe Pacalet, Chambolle-Musigny 1er cru 2010 August 21, 2015
- Louis Max, Savigny-Les-Beaune 1er cru 2010 July 29, 2015
- Domaine Darviot-Perrin, Meursault Genevrieres 2010 July 21, 2015
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, Echezeaux 2010 July 11, 2015
- Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair, La Romanee 2010 June 26, 2015
- Domaine Leflaive, Chevalier-Montrachet 2010 April 13, 2015
- Domaine Ramonet, Bienvenues-Batard Montrachet 2010 March 24, 2015
- Domaine Tessier, Meursault Charmes-Dessus 2010 March 7, 2015
- Philippe Pacalet, Corton Charlemagne 2010 February 5, 2015
- Domaine Roulot, Meursault Meix Chaveaux 2010 December 12, 2014
- Domaine Prieure-Roch, Clos de Vougeot 2010 October 18, 2014
- Domaine Antoine Jobard, Meursault Charmes 2010 September 10, 2014
- Domaine Dublére, Volnay Les Pitures 2010 September 7, 2014
- Domaine Dujac, Chambolle-Musigny 2010 August 6, 2014
- Domaine Lafouge, Auxey-Duresses Les Boutonniers 2010 July 25, 2014
- Domaine Francois Lamarche, Vosne Les Chaumes 2010 July 14, 2014
Vintage Chart Red Burgundy
- The 2015 vintage – variations of greatness June 22, 2016
- Frost damage – one devestating night May 4, 2016
- Vintage Report – Burgundy 2013 vintage – update March 2015 March 22, 2015
- Vintage Report Burgundy 2013 – Update November 2014 November 8, 2014
- Initial impressions of the Burgundy 2013 vintage May 11, 2014